Dr. Robert P. Lorentz has been in the active practice of orthodontics for over 25 years. He received his dental degree from the University of Tennessee and then went on to specialize in orthodontics at the University of Michigan. Dr. Lorentz taught graduate orthodontics at the University of Tennessee from 1976 to 1983 as a clinical instructor and became a diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics in 1989.
Over the years, Dr. Lorentz has built a tremendous orthodontic practice throughout north Mississippi and west Tennessee. He treats a variety of patients with comprehensive orthodontics from adolescents to adults. As one of the first orthodontists in the nation to utilize the Damon system he has treated over 2000 patients to date with this method. In addition to the self-ligating Damon braces, Invisalign is another poplar treatment he uses to achieve the perfect smile. Dr. Lorentz is proud to have treated the smiles of a previous Miss Florida, Miss Teen USA and many professionals desiring to improve their image through a better smile.
Dr. Lorentz is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, has served as president of the Mississippi Orthodontic Association, president of Mississippi's District I Dental Society and has been certified by the state board for 24 consecutive years of continuing education. He has also been listed in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in Dentistry.
Dr. Lorentz makes orthodontics a priority in his life and strives to provide the highest quality of care for his patients while making them feel comfortable and cared for.
- University of Mississippi, Bachelor of Arts 1966
- University of Tennessee College of Dentistry, Doctorate of Dental Surgery
- University of Michigan, Orthodontic Residency
- Instructed in Graduate Orthodontics at University of Tennessee from 1976 to 1983
- Achieved Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics in 1989
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Mississippi Association of Orthodontists